FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
REGISTRATION AND LOGGING IN
I’m having problems with logging in, what should I do?
• Make sure you have registered for a Kiddiehood account and that your account has been activated.
• Double check your User ID or password has been entered correctly (check your CAPS LOCK)
• If you have forgotten your password, you can reset your password via the ‘Login’ page.
• If you’re still having issues logging in, please contact Kiddiehood via the ‘Contact Us’ page.
Problems with new account activation.
When you register for Kiddiehood, an activation email will be sent to your registered email address.
If you have not received an email from Kiddiehood, please check your junk folder. Make sure your junk email setting is not blocking emails from Kiddiehood.
Make sure you have entered the correct email address in the registration process.
If you’re still having problems with account activation, please contact Kiddiehood via the ‘Contact Us’ page.
Facebook and Google+ log in
You can use your Facebook or Google+ account to login to kiddiehood.com.au
Our system will receive your information from Facebook or Google+
POSTING A LISTING
How much is it to post a listing?
It’s FREE to post a Standard listing on Kiddiehood.
There are additional listing upgrade options available which will incur a small cost, at the Seller’s expense.
How do I post a Listing?
Login to Kiddiehood account and click on POST A LISTING.
Fill in all your Item information, upload your images, enter the collection address (this will display in the listing via Google Maps, leave the exact street number out if you would prefer for this not to display) and press POST A LISTING.
I’m having problems uploading my image, what can I do?
Images need to be in a jpeg or png format. There is a 3 image limit and size restriction of each file is 3MB.
If the photo is too big reduce the size of the image before upload.
How do I make my uploaded image display nicely?
For the best results take photo in horizontal / landscape plane before upload.
How many listings can I post?
You can post as many listings as you like.
How do I edit my listing?
To edit your listing, go to ‘My Account > Listings > Selling’ and click on ‘Edit Item’.
I can’t find my listing?
Reasons why your listing may not be visible:
• Your listing is still being processed; there may be small delay before it is displayed.
• Your listing may have expired; listings expire after 30 days on Kiddiehood.
• If you have posted the same listing twice, the second listing will not be displayed on the site.
• Your listing may be paused, you can un-pause your listing via your ‘My Account > Selling’ page.
• Your listing may have been removed for a posting violation.
• If you are still having issues, please contact Kiddiehood via the ‘Contact Us’ page.
How can I extend my listing?
If your Item is still available after 27 days from posting or upgrading the listing, you will receive an expiry email.
The email provides a link to re-list your listing. If your Item has been sold you automatically receive a time extension to allow time to complete the Transaction. The Seller must update the Collection Date to keep the listing live.
How can I get more exposure for my listing?
Kiddiehood offers 3 upgrade options:
• Bump listing – Your listing will be sent to the top of the category listing page (under any Premium ad’s).
When new listings are posted your listing will be moved down the page.
• Highlight listing – Your listing will be highlighted to make it standout amongst other listings.
Your listing will expire after 30 days.
• Premium ad – Your listing will be positioned at the top of the category, suburb and region with other Premium ads. Your listing upgrade will expire after 7 days at which time it will revert to a Standard listing.
How can I purchase a listing upgrade?
All upgrades can be purchased via ‘My Account > Upgrade your listing’. Kiddiehood uses Stripe as their online payment system. The upgrade amount will be deducted from your nominated Credit Card.
Why does the online payment system ‘Stripe’ need my phone number?
For information about payment via Stripe please refer to https://stripe.com/checkout/info
Can I add a website link (HTML) in my listing?
No, Kiddiehood does not allow website links within their listings.
What do I do if I see the message ‘City field required’ when posting a listing?
When entering your location in your listing you must allow time for the pre-loaded suburb information to display and then select your suburb. If you are too quick it will not use a pre-loaded selection and may generate the ‘City field required’ message. If you see this re-enter your location information.
BUYING AN ITEM
Can I buy an Item when I’m not logged in?
No, you must be logged into Kiddiehood before you can select ‘Buy’ or ‘Next in line’.
How can I buy an Item?
There are 3 different purchase buttons on Kiddiehood.
• ‘Buy this Item’ – the Item is still available to be purchased. (Please check your confirmation email to confirm that you have purchased the Item.)
• ‘Be Next in line’ – this button will show when the ‘Buy this Item’ has been clicked by another Buyer. By clicking ‘Next in line’ you are given the opportunity to be ‘Next in line’ if the first Buyer changes their mind.
• ‘Shopping trolley icon’ – indicates that you have already purchased the item.
• ‘Sold’ – there are no more options to Buy this Item. It’s a good idea to keep checking the listing in case both Buyers change their mind. You can easily do this by adding the listing to your Watchlist.
How can I ask the Seller a question?
Log into the site, open the listing that you would like to ask a question about and under the Item description in the ‘Ask a Question’ box, you can send the Seller a private message. The Seller is sent an email to let them know there is a question and once they respond you will get an email advising. Within the site you can check the conversation history in the Messages area.
Why can’t I send a message to the Seller?
If the Item has been marked as Sold you will only be able to message them if you are the first in line Buyer. This unique system design prevents other potential Buyers from gazumping the original Buyer. If the Seller decides to ‘Mark the Item as Available’ the messaging is re-opened to all potential Buyers until someone clicks on ‘Buy this Item’ which then once again limits the messaging down to the first in line Buyer and the Seller.
I’ve changed my mind about buying an Item, what should I do?
If you have selected ‘Buy this Item’ on a listing page and have changed your mind, you can go to ‘My Account > Listings > Buying > Pass on this Item’.
I can’t pick up item in 2 days, can I get an extension?
We recommend the 2 day collection as a guide for both the Buyer and Seller to achieve a fast transaction. We encourage you to use our inbuilt messaging system or email each other directly to organise a suitable time for collection. The Seller’s email address is visible only to the first in line Buyer in ‘My account > Listings > Buying’.
Can I offer the Seller less than the sale price?
This is a conversation you can have with the Seller.
I’ve bought an Item, but the Seller hasn’t contacted me?
Make sure you check your email junk folder, their email may be in there.
If you don’t hear from the Seller within 2 days, go to ‘My account > Buying’ page, the Seller’s email address is located on the top right corner of the listing. You will need to send them an email to organise the collection of the Item.
How do I pay for my Item?
Once you have inspected and agree to Buy an Item you can pay for your Item with cash.
We do not recommend sending money via Western Union or via personal bank accounts. It’s best to discuss your payment method with the Seller and make sure you are both comfortable.
Can I get an Item sent to my home address?
At Kiddiehood we recommend ‘face to face’ transactions.
SELLING AN ITEM
As the Seller, how can I contact the Buyer?
Once an Item has Sold, you will receive an email confirmation. This email will have details about the sold Item, the name and email address of the Buyer. Alternatively, go to ‘My Account > Selling > Sold Items’ the Buyer’s email address is located on the top right corner of the listing.
I’ve sold an Item but the Buyer isn’t getting back to me?
The Buyer has 2 days to get back to you, if they don’t respond to your communication attempts, you can offer the Item to the ‘Next in Line’ person (if there is one) or ‘Mark the Item as available’.
The Buyer can’t pick up the Item within 2 days, what should I do?
If the Buyer is not able to agree to collection time within 2 days, you can either agree to extend the Collection Date: for the Buyer, ‘Offer Item to the Next in line’ (if there is one) or ‘Mark Item as still available’. These options are visible on the ‘My account > Listings > Selling’ page. Selecting the last 2 options will send a system generated email to the original Buyer advising they are no longer in line to purchase the Item. Extending the Collection Date: displays to the Buyer and also extends the listings expiry date, it is important to keep the agreed Collection Date: up to date.
How do I know if there is a ‘Next in line’ Buyer?
Go to your ‘My account > Selling’ page. If you have a ‘Next in line’ Buyer it will read: Offer item to the ‘Next in line’, if there is no ‘Next in line’ Buyer it will read: ‘Mark Item as still available’.
How often can I repost my listing?
You can repost your listing in the 3 days before it expires (standard expiry is 30 days after posting or listing upgrade). If you would like to move your listing to the top of the page there are listing upgrade options available at a small additional cost.
I’ve changed my mind about selling an item, what should I do?
Go to ‘My account > Selling > Cancel listing’. By doing this, an email will be sent out to all successful Buyers informing them that the Item is no longer for sale.
If the Buyer has picked up the Item and paid in full, how do I finalise the purchase?
Go to ‘My account > Listing > Selling’ and mark the Item as Transaction complete. This will remove the listing.
SEARCHING FOR AN ITEM
How do I search for an Item?
There are several ways your can search for an Item on Kiddiehood:
• You can search by using the search bar on the home page. Enter the item name in the first field eg. Car Seat. Then enter the Category eg. Safety. Then enter the location you would like to search eg. Bondi. The location distance will automatically set to a 25km radius around the specified location, you can increase or decrease this.
• You can select one of the 13 categories listed on the home page to return all items in that Category.
• You can use the ‘Browse’ button located at the top of each page to access the Advance Search.
ISSUES WITH SELLERS/BUYERS
I’m having issues with the Buyer/Seller, what should I do?
We hope that all of your buying and selling on Kiddiehood are finalised without any issues.
But if anything does go wrong, we recommend that the Buyer and Seller communicate with each other.
Please report any fraud, abuse and inappropriate activity from any member via our ‘Contact Us’ page.
REPORT A LISTING
How can I report a listing?
You can report a listing by clicking on the ‘Report listing as…’ button which is located under the Google Map on each listing page. This will bring the listing to our attention, so we can review it and remove from the site if necessary.
Geolocation is required for the automatic identification of your current Location. Providing this access streamlines your ability to quickly search for Items near your current location.
If you have previously denied Geolocation on your device you will need to reset this option in your settings.