A visit to Melbourne Museum is a rich, surprising insight into life in Victoria. We show you Victoria's intriguing permanent collections and bring you brilliant temporary exhibitions from near and far. You'll see our natural environment, our cultures and our history through different perspectives.
Inside, you'll find:
- the Learning Lab, a first-of-its-kind digital learning space offering innovative and co-creative workshops that inspire hearts and minds to act for a thriving future.
- the Forest Gallery, the living heart of the museum and home to tall trees and wondrous wildlife
- the Science and Life Gallery at the west end, where you'll find bugs, dinosaurs, fossils, marine biology, geology and more
- the Melbourne Story Gallery at the east end, which tells the story of our beloved city and is the stable of famous racehorse Phar Lap
- Bunjilaka Aboriginal Cultural Centre, a place imbued with the living traditions and knowledge of Koorie people and other cultures from around Australia
- Te Pasifika Gallery, a bright soaring space filled with treasures from the Pacific Islands
- the Pauline Gandel Children's Gallery packed with things for little kids to see and do
- the Touring Hall, where we display major exhibitions from around the world
- 3D documentaries and Hollywood blockbusters on the giant IMAX Melbourne screen
- Road to Zero, a world-first road safety education complex developed by TAC in partnership with Melbourne Museum
- Dining options including the Mercury Restaurant, Museum Market café and Museum Station café
- The Museums Victoria store